Skip to content
PRODUCT ENGINEERING MILESTONES
- Use of the C-KLIC system within a concept vehicle for demonstrating future vehicle safety systems as well as further technical innovations of a well-known German OEM.
- Extension of the C-KLIC portfolio by further interface variants
- Market introduction of an automotive USB Type-C charger module
- Expansion of the in-house patent department
- MD became a partner of the NVIDIA INCEPTION PROGRAM (Europe’s hottest Start-up 2018)
- Market introduction of Mini Coax cable assemblies on the basis of the HFM and MATE-AX connector technologies
- A 10 Gbps transmission range was set up on the basis of an optical fiber
- New MD products and innovations presented at the IZB 2018:
- USB Type-C interface module as Type-C customer interface for HSD cabling
- USB Type-C charger with 2 x 100 W charging power (USB PD 3.0 with PPS) and detached customer interfaces
- C-KLIC: Automotive connector system based on USB Type-C
- MD data cables were first installed in the AUDI A8 as part of the zFAS environment sensor system.
- MD became a member of the IEEE (IEEE P802.3ch Multi-Gigabit Automotive Ethernet).
- Implementation of semiconductor technologies (WLP/SiP) for the miniaturization of functionally integrated cables.
The functional integration was extended through the implementation of a temperature sensor in an existing break pad wear sensor on the axle cabling.
- MD as Tier-1 started supplying sensor components for the Mercedes Benz E-Class BR213
- Presentation of a USB Type-C charger with Power Delivery function (with 100 W charging power USB PD 2.0) at the IZB 2016
- Cooperation with Texas Instruments: Joint publication of the article “Driving Higher Resolutions in Automotive Display & Camera Applications”
- Presentation of a functionally integrated cable USB Type-C
- Start of cooperation with numerous well-known manufacturers of semiconductors in the automotive industry
- MD became a member of the USB.ORG and participates regularly in the USB Developer Days
- Market introduction of cable assemblies based on the FAKRA SF
6 GHz technology
- MD became a member of the Apple “iOS and MAC Developer Program” and of the “Bluetooth Special Interest Group”
- MD received the first serial development order for axle cabling
- MD became a member of the “Open Alliance”
- Optimization of the existing HF systems to a transmission range up to
- Extension of the module competencies to include “intelligent modules” with embedded systems in vehicles
- MD developed its competence in the field of module solutions in the visible area of vehicles
- Intensive participation in the development of the “HSD” standard
- Development of the “MD Fakra LC”- connector system
- MD became a certified development- and production partner of Apple
- Production of the first high-frequency sub-assemblies and
participation in the development of the “Fakra” standard work group
- Entry into the automotive industry with initial applications