Skip to content
2014 – today
- In 2014, the in-house test laboratory at the headquarters was accredited by the DAkkS (German national accreditation body). Since then, the MD test laboratory has the position of an official certification and test institution.
- In 2015, the MD ELEKTRONIK GmbH again expanded its location network with sales offices in Southfield (USA), Changchun and Shanghai (both in China).
- In order to strengthen its presence in the NAFTA area, MD founded MD ELEKTRONIK de México S. de R.L. de C.V. in 2015 and built a new plant in León (Mexico). Production launch was in June 2016.
- The production location in Chotěšov was further extended due to increased business volumes. The newly built production hall was opened in the 3rd quarter 2016.
2004 – 2013
- In order to enter the Asian market, MD founded MD (Beijing) ELECTRONICS Co., Ltd. in 2005 and opened a sales- and production location in Beijing, China. At the same time, the automotive supplier extended the Czech plant with an additional production hall.
- In 2005, the MD ELEKTRONIK GmbH became a certified development- and production partner of Apple Inc.
- In 2008, MD extended its module solution competencies within the visible area of the vehicle interior expanding the MD product portfolio.
- Since 2011, the focus of the MD Group is exclusively on the automotive segment. As a result, the company headquarters in Waldkraiburg was restructured and the production network in the Czech Republic was expanded with a logistics center near Pilsen.
- In 2011, the name of the Czech subsidiary was changed from MD ELMONT spol. s r.o. to MD ELEKTRONIK spol. s r.o.
- The existing co-operation between Apple and MD was intensified with the membership in the „iOS and MAC Developer Program“ and the „Bluetooth Special Interest Group“ in 2013.
1994 – 2003
- A milestone in the company history of the MD ELEKTRONIK GmbH was reached in 1994 when entering the automotive industry. The first order consisted of the production of car phone cables.
- Due to the increasing order situation, MD extended the location in Chotěšov between 1998 and 2001 with two production halls and one administration building.
- In order to ensure the high quality requirements, an in-house test laboratory was established at the headquarters in 2000.
1984 – 1993
- In 1989, the company name was changed to MD ELEKTRONIK GmbH. At this time, MD had over 800 employees.
- In 1993, MD expanded for the first time and founded MD ELMONT spol. s r.o. in Chotěšov (Czech Republic). In the same year, production started at the Czech location.
1974 – 1983
- In April 1974, the company was founded with the name „G. Merx Elektrotechnik“ in Buchbach (Bavaria). Initially, 20 employees assembled amplifiers and mixing consoles for the music industry on a production space of 100 m2. Furthermore, electronic circuits and assembled wires were supplied to industrial companies.
- In 1980, the company moved, due to the increasing order situation, to the industrial area in Waldkraiburg (Bavaria) – the current headquarters of the MD ELEKTRONIK GmbH.